I feel like this could be a bit of fun writer-esqu fangirl life thread. (boys are welcome too).
Today is another odd one. Small town living is seriously bizarre, but not in a bad way. It's just odd, going to the same shop day after day. I don't get the same thing every day, but spend about the same amount. Shop keepers are VERY chatty here. So weird. In the city, you go into a shop, buy your food and leave. Here it is - discuss the weather, what are you doing today? What would you like?... Sometimes I have to wait so I sit and read alone like I did in a cafe in the city, but thats viewed as strange, not to be in constant chat. I spread my outings out around the town, there are two cafes a post office and a pub. The pub are practically also my neighbours, I am only a few houses down. Its and odd dynamic with them. They make me feel so welcome, yet if I looked at them as neighbours it would likely be too dependant.
I have the refrigerator turned off, so I have been going to the shop daily. Its just too much bloody effort to leave town haha. So I go to the shop every day and pay the running costs of them having salads in. Problem is, I have been getting a choc milk and cake each day too... I don't like the chat, I feel like its a very gossipy hub. The lady who runs is is simple, but kind. She is most unimpressed if I don't wear a bra. (She also warned me that Jesus was a black man). The pub family is wonderful, but I do find interaction there difficult. Australian pubs almost double as a therapy hub in towns like these. The owners are very trustworthy in my opinion so far. I don't know if I accidentally offend them sometimes, as they are stoic people. I had that sort of dynamic with the last community I lived in, the community I was in was far more christian than I was. Anyway, I think I sometimes like to stir their days up. I can't blame anything other than gishwhes for that... Especially when it comes to my whacky garden. All reactions so far are positive.
How was your day?
Today is another odd one. Small town living is seriously bizarre, but not in a bad way. It's just odd, going to the same shop day after day. I don't get the same thing every day, but spend about the same amount. Shop keepers are VERY chatty here. So weird. In the city, you go into a shop, buy your food and leave. Here it is - discuss the weather, what are you doing today? What would you like?... Sometimes I have to wait so I sit and read alone like I did in a cafe in the city, but thats viewed as strange, not to be in constant chat. I spread my outings out around the town, there are two cafes a post office and a pub. The pub are practically also my neighbours, I am only a few houses down. Its and odd dynamic with them. They make me feel so welcome, yet if I looked at them as neighbours it would likely be too dependant.
I have the refrigerator turned off, so I have been going to the shop daily. Its just too much bloody effort to leave town haha. So I go to the shop every day and pay the running costs of them having salads in. Problem is, I have been getting a choc milk and cake each day too... I don't like the chat, I feel like its a very gossipy hub. The lady who runs is is simple, but kind. She is most unimpressed if I don't wear a bra. (She also warned me that Jesus was a black man). The pub family is wonderful, but I do find interaction there difficult. Australian pubs almost double as a therapy hub in towns like these. The owners are very trustworthy in my opinion so far. I don't know if I accidentally offend them sometimes, as they are stoic people. I had that sort of dynamic with the last community I lived in, the community I was in was far more christian than I was. Anyway, I think I sometimes like to stir their days up. I can't blame anything other than gishwhes for that... Especially when it comes to my whacky garden. All reactions so far are positive.
How was your day?