• Welcome to SPN.club! Before you start posting, please be aware that this is a "No bullshit" board - meaning, we have a no tolerance policy for treating other members or their opinions with disrespect. If you can't accept other viewpoints, please go elsewhere: what is tolerated on other Supernatural sites does not fly here.

    We are an invitation-only board, which means you will only be able to register if a current member has given you an invite link.

What's on your menu?

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
Cucumber tomato and cream cheese sandwich. Got some bacon and chicken out from the freezer to defrost. Not sure what I will do with it yet, probably something uber fatty.
 

Death

Horseman
Staff member
Joined
Mar 13, 2016
Messages
1,410
Age
39
Location
UK
Do you have chicken breasts? Cream cheese stuffed inside the chicken wrapped in bacon?

I'm just having soup tonight, I won't finish work til 7 so wanted something easy. I'll order lunch as well, maybe a baked potato.
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
I do have chicken breast :) might do that tomorrow.

Tonight I had chicken cheese and mustard pickles.
 

Death

Horseman
Staff member
Joined
Mar 13, 2016
Messages
1,410
Age
39
Location
UK
Turkey, more turkey and some mushrooms!

The zero waste stall were giving out loads of food Christmas eve, including turkeys, so I had a crown, a small one but it feeds 7-10 people and I live alone! Had a stir fry with turkey and mushrooms for lunch, will have the rest tomorrow lunch. Might just have turkey rolls tonight, as I have a bread roll to use up, and plenty of junk food to have with it!
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
My body is done. Peanut butter sandwich with the last 3 slices of white bread. And a glass of milk. #comfortfood
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
A sausage roll and pie in the oven. All this crappy stuff is so cheap at the shops at holiday time, and im too drained from the heat to chop salad. Gotta shop for bunny food soon, but i have more than enough food for me!
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
Chinese food! Woo. Figured I should get my binge on before covid moves down here. Lilah thinks the bag it came in is the best sniff she ever smelt. Just about knocked herself out trying to get on to my plate. And then sat and sulked across the room cos I wouldnt share.
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
Chicken and chick pea enchiladas in the oven now. The chick peas are almost a year out of date... With all the covid cash I wasnt eating tinned beans for a while. My body loved it, but now I better get through that stash. Hopefully it tastes ok haha.
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
Rice with cuppa soup stirred through. And a glass of juice. Hello diabetes.
 

Death

Horseman
Staff member
Joined
Mar 13, 2016
Messages
1,410
Age
39
Location
UK
Lots! Having a cooking day, so lots to eat:

Got stew in slow cooker,
Parsnip soup almost finishes, just needs blending
Flapjacks cooking in oven
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
I got some tomatoes from neighbours and the congregation so I cooked them all up today with herbs from the garden and mixed mince meat into pasta. One lot for lunch, one lot for the neighbour and two lots for the freezer.

I have to purree some apple from my trees this arvo and try to find an ice cube tray so i have some little portions for Lilah's licky mat and kong. I already have some pumpkin cooked and i'll freeze some of that as well.

Did a big shop the other day. Rationing is in full force now, there was no loo roll and no cat food, can tell what the other pensioners are resorting to! Im so so so so lucky to have my garden and my congregation.
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
Need meat. Lamb rosettes? Whatever they are. They were on special anyway. Pumpkin and nashis. Feel like making a mashed potato too but might not need it.
 

Death

Horseman
Staff member
Joined
Mar 13, 2016
Messages
1,410
Age
39
Location
UK
I made a mushroom and leek pie, mash potato topped, and I'm currently on day 3 of it, but it tastes great, so will make it again one day. I want to try and cook a few more different veggie dishes during lent so that was this weeks meal.
 

Shurley

I am the Stapler Queen!
Joined
Feb 14, 2019
Messages
332
There were a few quick meals about to hit their last date at the grocery shop, so they were on sale; last night I had a delicious salmon and pesto lasagne and today my lunch will be a chicken/pasta salad; yum!
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
Lamb rossettes were disgusting. I think they were lamb spine? All bone and gristle. Gross. Never again. Couldn't eat them.
I've really only eaten home grown fruit, some veg and bread this week and put on 4 kilos. Last of the bread to use today, so its Vegemite on toast.
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
Got some chicken defrosting and all I am craving is cheesey creamy stuff. Cooked up a whole cauliflower yesterday so today I will add chicken to it, maybe with coconut cream or a white sauce or chicken stock... Not sure yet. Then I will make a pasta bake of some sort for the freezer if i can find enough containers and room! Plus some chicken seperate for Lilah treats.
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
Waiting for the last roast meal to heat up from the freezer. I finally have space in there now! For more apples haha. I have a bag of nashies in the fridge too and Im not sure how well they have lasted, but if they are any good, I will have to cook them too.

Gotta make a list for city shopping stock up cos the pantry is starting to look bare too. Need another roast meat to make more meals. Im super keen to try and find the food bank down there, but its a bit scary because its not my region and they might not let me. I dont want to find out when I am at the till that Im not allowed it.
 

Death

Horseman
Staff member
Joined
Mar 13, 2016
Messages
1,410
Age
39
Location
UK
Right, meal plan:

Monday: chicken burger and baked potato
Tuesday: sausage sandwich
Wednesday: risotto
Thursday: risotto

That's as far as I've got, but it's a start, and planning on falafel wraps for lunches
 

SwanSong

Wayward Weirdo
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
1,151
Location
Oz
I have potato and sweet potato to use, maybe an easy cheesey bake with tuna.
One more bag of apples in the bottom of the fridge but they are in the crisper draw and i havent checked them... Still more pears on the tree too.
Also have an open packet of corn chips I need to use before they go stale, so maybe a bean nachoes this week.
Had kfc for lunch so didnt need dinner tonight.
 
Top Bottom